Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bunco Madness

My friend Stacia is part of a regular Bunco group that meets on the second Wednesday of the month.  They needed a sub last night, so she asked me to join.  There's a $5 buy-in: the winner gets $25, most Buncos gets a $25 gift card (or $25 if the host forgot to buy a gift card), and most "1-2-3s" and the most losses gets their $5 back.  Well, it must have been beginner's luck because I won the most number of games (15 out of 18) and the most Buncos (4).  Of course, I didn't get two prizes; I think ultimately I took the "most Buncos" prize because there were several people with 2 (nobody had 3) and no tie for second place among most games won.  Anyway, it was totally fun.  The only person I knew was Stacia, but that's the great thing about Bunco - forced interaction!

The morning has started out a bit overcast, so it seems our heat wave has broken a bit.  I can't say I'm horribly sad about that.  The temperature had to top 80 degrees yesterday.  I apparently had not hydrated enough on Tuesday because it took me all day yesterday to feel "normal."  Well, normal for me.  😋. Tonight  is a 30 minute run - the last real run before the race on Sunday.  Butterflies are setting in!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kirsten! You are doing what we love to do! Beginners luck with BUNCO? You come by it naturally! And tennis? You lucky bummer..........getting back into tennis. Yes, the greatest sport on earth! Glad you are having fun!
    Good luck with the race. We are cheering for you and Jason!

    ReplyDelete