Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Greatest Sport on Earth

As is typical, we are getting an early taste of summer here in May!  The temperature has been in the upper 70s and near 80 for the past couple days.  I had a cross training day on my half marathon schedule yesterday, so I took advantage of that and played some tennis with Jeff, Jason, and Dan.  How wonderful it was!  I think it has been almost a year since I played!  Dan is quite good.  He gets some interesting topspin on the ball and his serve will be wicked once we start playing enough and he gets it back under control.  And Jeff never ceases to amaze me on the court.  I cannot believe he did not play competitively in high school.  He has a beautiful, easy forehand stroke.  It is so natural and fluid; I get a little envious of his apparent natural ability.  It must be the musician and him.

My game was coming together toward the end, which was encouraging for the rest of the summer.  Surprisingly, I was hitting my serve quite easily.  Of all the strokes I thought I would have lost, my serve would've been my first thought.  I was even hitting a topspin second serve toward the end.

After our fun on the court, Jason and Dan came over to our place and we barbecued salmon burgers and corn, and had a wonderful potato salad that Jason prepared.  Actually, Jason made everything! I can take no credit for the meal.

It looks like we will have another scorcher today.  As you can imagine, Jeff is thrilled!  Today is a day off from the training schedule, so tonight I will be sitting in as a substitute for my friend Stacia's regular Bunco gathering.  Should be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment